Giving a five star rating, the highest a program can achieve, Common Sense Media recognized our new free "Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood" app as a valuable tool for parents.
"Parents, this app is like having a preschool whisperer right in your phone -- for free. Daniel Tiger for Parents includes more than 20 songs, 60 video clips, and 90 conversation starters to help parents and caregivers sings and talk with kids about social and emotional growth through common preschool-age situations. From a new baby at home to potty training, Daniel Tiger can help parents help kids through these tricky times with memorable songs, sweet videos, and expertly crafted conversation starters. It's is another excellent resource from PBS and the Fred Rogers Institute and a must-have app for parents of preschoolers."
This FREE app, available in English and Spanish, is the perfect resource for parents to have everything they love from the series – including favorite songs, videos of Daniel and his parents, helpful hints from child development experts and more – right at their fingertips to turn everyday experiences with their preschoolers into valuable, teachable moments and develop their child’s social-emotional skills. The app gives parents and kids the opportunity to learn about feelings, self-control, responsibility, kindness and more together, at home or on the go. It was built in partnership with app developer RED Interactive Agency.
Daniel Tiger for Parents features include:
- Songs and videos from "Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood" to help children learn core social-emotional skills together
- Dozens of singalong songs from "Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood" and videos that show how Daniel and his parents sing along together
- Photo capture of how your family uses Daniel Tiger’s songs in your life; notice the many little ways your child is learning and growing
- Helpful hints from child development experts about how children learn social-emotional skills
- Information and tips about topics including feelings, self-control, responsibility, confidence, new experiences, kindness to prepare children for success in school and life by helping them get along with others and manage their feelings
- Available in English and Spanish